Introduction to Essential Oils By Aroma head
Are you curious about the therapeutic properties of essential oils? Do you want to create luxurious body care products for yourself and your loved ones?
You’re in the right place!
Whether you’re brand new to Aromatherapy – or want to deepen your knowledge with high-quality information you know you can trust – our Introduction to Essential Oils class is a great place to begin. (And it’s 100% FREE to register now!)
You’ll learn about essential oil safety, how oils are produced, and common methods of use. You’ll explore 9 powerful essential oils, and different ways they can be used to support physical and emotional well-being. And you’ll make your own blends and homemade products – including a massage oil, lip balm, natural inhalers, and more.
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, has been studying and teaching Aromatherapy for decades. If you want to learn about essential oils from a highly experienced teacher, this is the course for you.
Ready to begin?
- Create a more natural, healthy lifestyle with aromatherapy.
- Blend safely with essential oils to create luxurious and therapeutic body products for yourself, friends, and family.
- Make your own delicious, nourishing, all-natural lip balm.
- Use essential oils in your bath . . . the safe way!
- Soothe muscle pain with essential oils (even without massage!).
- Make your own foaming hand soap for your bathroom, kitchen, or office.
- Prevent or soothe a cold, flu, or sinus infection by inhaling essential oils that support the respiratory system. (You’ll also understand which methods of inhalation offer the most benefits.)
- Create aromatherapy inhalers to bring the support of essential oils with you wherever you go.
- Make natural aromatic massage oils to achieve different effects during a massage – such as stress relief, muscle relaxation, or immune support.
- Understand dilution ratios for daily use, acute issues, and people who need special consideration (i.e. pregnant women and children).
- Choose the right diffuser for your space, so you can use it to uplift your senses, promote health, and create a beautiful home or workplace.
Introduction to Essential Oils is an independent, self-study program.
As soon as you register, you will have immediate access to the course by logging into your account and accessing our beautiful user-friendly online classroom, which includes all of your written + video content.
This is an entry-level class, open to all learners – and provides an excellent foundation for any further Aromatherapy studies you decide to undertake. Best of all, it’s complimentary to join right now!
Orientation + Lesson 1 – Essential Oils
- What essential oils are – and where they come from
- How essential oils are extracted
- An introduction to common names + Latin names
- The language of aromas
Lesson 2 – Methods of Use
- Common methods of use
- How to store and care for your essential oils
- Important safety guidelines for pregnant women, children, and the elderly
Lesson 3 – Making Products
- A guide to diluting your essential oils
- Hands-on blending activities
- Recipes for diffusing, therapeutic baths, steam inhalations, natural inhalers, massage oil, lip balm and foam soap
Lessons 4 + 5 – Review, Final Exam and Next Steps
- How much you’ve learned in a short time! (Take your final exam + receive your certificate of completion.)
- Careers in the aromatherapy industry
- Additional aromatherapy resources to further your essential oil education
This class will help you begin to build a solid foundation of knowledge about Aromatherapy. By the end of the course, you’ll have studied 9 essential oils that have a wide variety of therapeutic effects. (You don’t need a huge collection of oils to get started with aromatherapy. You can do so much with just these 9!) You’ll also have hands-on experience creating blends and luxurious body care products for yourself, family and friends.
Essential Oils You’ll Study in This Class
- Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana)
- Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Distilled Lime (Citrus aurantifolia)
- Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
- Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora ct. 1,8 cineole)
- Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
Natural Blends + Products You’ll Learn to Make
- Essential oil blends for your bath – relaxing + soothing, immune boosting, anxiety reducing, and more
- Steam inhalation blends (to support respiratory health)
- Natural inhaler blends for opening the sinuses, immune support, mental focus, and emotional calm
- Diffuser blends to scent your rooms and cleanse the air
- Massage oils for relaxation + soothing sore muscles
- Homemade lip balm
- Foaming hand soap
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration OR sign up now and get started later! Your course never expires.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline (our online classroom is available 24/7).
- You have permanent unlimited access to your course materials – as well as any subsequent updates to the course content – even after you have completed the program.
- Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and education qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) and the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA).
- Introduction to Essential Oils is a complimentary course and open to all learners.
An amazing resource! This intro class is full of so much great information if you want to learn about using essential oils and how to incorporate them into your life. The class brought me invaluable knowledge that I immediately took to my practice as an acupuncturist and holistic health coach. It was so well received that I then went on to take the Aromahead certification course and my life / career has completely changed. My patients and clients love this addition to my protocol and everyone has benefited from it. I highly recommend this intro and it’s completely free, no better deal anywhere!